Instructor: Paula Bodine Materials required: 1-subject spiral notebook
Email: email@example.com 1 pkg. of notecards (3” X 5”)
Conference: 1st Period 1 folder
No. 2 pencils
Course Description: 6th Grade: Introduction to all aspects of theatre.
7th Grade: Overview of all aspects of theatre with an emphasis on acting.
8th Grade: Overview of all aspects of theatre with an emphasis on
technical theatre and theatre history.
Grades: Daily – 40% Includes but not limited to daily assignments, notes and vocabulary
organized in spiral notebook, and any projects that require 1 or 2
class periods to complete.
Tests – 50% Tests and projects that require 3 or more class periods to complete.
Class Activities – 10% Participation and willingness to do what is asked of any
activity or assignment.
Extra Credit: 1) Create twenty five flashcards using review sheets and vocabulary as a test review.
The cards have to be turned in on the day of the test before it is passed out. (10
extra points added on the test.)
2) Participate in a theatre production. (5-50 extra points added to participation grade.)
3) Attend a theatrical production, keep the playbill or program to turn in, and complete a
critique form on the play. You can pick up a form from me. (10 extra points added to
lowest test grade at the end of the six weeks.)
Late Work: Except in the case of absences, all late work will be given a grade no higher than a 70. All work
that is more than one day late will be a 0!
Classroom Behavior: Failure to follow classroom rules will result in a student receiving a discipline mark in my classroom. After accumulating 5 marks, a discipline notice will be sent home with an assignment on classroom behavior to be completed and returned by 8:00 A.M. the following morning. If the student fails to do this, then he/she will be referred to Mr. Worthy.
1. Come to class with all materials and all completed assignments. Homework is due at the beginning of the period.
2. Be on time and in seat when the tardy bell rings.
3. Food, drinks, and gum are prohibited in the theatre arts classroom.
4. Personal grooming is prohibited in the classroom unless we are preparing for a production.
5. Be courteous and respect the rights of others. Before you say what you think..think!!!
6. Cell phone use is only permitted with teacher permission. Inappropriate use of any technological device will result in a discipline notice.
7. Do not cause the progress of the class to slow or suffer by excessive talking or senseless interruptions.
If an infraction is considered severe, a discipline notice will be issued and the student sent to the office.