Welcome to Mr. Pittman's Website!
Welcome to 6th Grade Reading and STAAR ELAR!
Learning at Home Information:
Shiloh Full Text: Click Here!
Shiloh Audiobook: Click Here!
Chapter Questions (Oral Reading of the Questions)
Chapter 1: Click Here!
Chapter 2: Click Here!
Google Hangouts Discussion Thread (Notes):
- Review Ghost and discuss the 3 required assignments. You do not have to finish the novel if you completed at least 3 assignments for it.
- Book Reports, A.R. Points, and Blogs are no longer required.
- Discuss the full text link and audiobook of Shiloh.
- Read aloud Chapter 1 and 2 Questions from assignment.
- Briefly discuss the novel.
Remind Alert Instructions (Reading Class)
Remind Alert Instructions (STAAR ELAR Class)
Book Report Information (10% of 6 weeks grade in STAAR ELAR)
*** These should be approximately one page in length. Each six weeks one will be due at the time of your folder check. Your textbook has some examples of figurative language on p. 208. This will assist you with paragraph 2.
- 1st Paragraph- Brief Description about the book
- 2nd Paragraph- Figurative language you observed in the book. Examples: Simile, Metaphor, Personification, Hyperbole
- 3rd Paragraph- What did you find interesting in the book?
- 4th Paragraph- Would you recommend this book to others?
Book Report (student example)
*Click on the book report link above to see a good example of one created by a former student.
HMH (online textbook)
IXL Language Arts- STAAR Practice
Language Arts Games